What is IIT-JEE?
IIT-JEE is an entrance exam for all IIT’s, IT-BHU, ISMU Dhanbad. IIT's and IT-BHU are best engineering Institutes of India. Admission to these engineering institutes is through this entrance exam.
When to start? Time Required for IIT-JEE Preparation?
Students generally start their preparation for IIT-JEE from 11th standard. They spend two years on preparation and then give exam in April after their 12th Boards. Those who clear this exam are given All India rank. Certain seats are reserved. Based on rank students are called for counseling. Some students who are not able to clear exam in first attempt take a drop for a year after their 12th and devote their time for preparation. Many Students get admission into other top engineering institutes of India through other engineering entrance exams.
How should I start my preparation?
Don’t try to solve IIT questions or some very difficult questions in the beginning. Starting with CBSE syllabus could be a good option. This exam is not about practicing difficult questions. IIT-JEE requires good understanding of basic concepts and continuous hard work for 2 years.
Which books should I use?
Use study material suggested by your teachers. Most coaching institutes prepare their own study material. They have good experience and they would give right guidance. I studied in CBSE school during my 11th and 12 th. and I found CBSE syllabus really helpful. Some books which were popular during my preparation days are
Maths
NCERT Math Text book
R.D Sharma--- (Good books for starting any topic
M.L Khanna
Physics
NCERT Book
Pradeep--- Reference book for CBSE
H.C Verma part1 and 2
Physical Chemistry
NCERT Book
O.P Aggarwal
Pradeep--- Reference book for CBSE
Organic Chemistry
NCERT
Moreson boyd
Pradeep--- Reference book for CBSE
Inorganic Chemistry
Inorganic requires cramming. Most students spend very less time on this. Doing NCERT completely would be sufficient.
I plan to write similar post for AIEEE and other exams.
Your questions and comments would motivate me to write.
I would like to know about importance of coaching institutes in IIT-JEE preparation. I have not joined any coaching.
ReplyDeleteI have tried to answer your question. You can find answer at
ReplyDeletehttp://discuss-exams.blogspot.com/2009/10/coaching-institutes-for-iit-jee.html